September 4 Boston

September 4 Boston

Message par Nanyness » Jeu Fév 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Fenway Park

Walk On Music: Aye Davanita (from Vitalogy album)

Band Onstage: 7:50
Band Offstage: 10:31

01. Given To Fly
02. Animal
03. Save You
04. Arms Aloft-(Bullen, Shields, Slattery, Stafford, Strummer) “arms aloft in Fenway Park”
05. Lightning Bolt
(Ed praises the audience. He notes the signs people have that indicate how many shows they have been to from 1 to 192. He never thought of Boston as tropical but that has changed this weekend.)
06. Red Mosquito w/ Danny Clinch on harmonica
07. I Am Mine
08. U
09. Even Flow
(Ed praises Mike for playing so well while medicated for a sinus infection. “Do this one a little different this time”)
10. Immortality II ( First two verse lyrics are changed. Last three lines changed. Possibly early version of lyrics from the Orpheum show in 1994.)
(Great joy and privilege. Matt played with Soundgarden back in the day and opened for Buffalo Tom. Then Pearl Jam got to open for them as well. He wrote one of my favorite all time favorite songs. Bill comes out and says he can’t describe how cool it is play here without saying “wicked awesome”.
11. Taillights Fade-(Buffalo Tom) with Bill Janovitz from Buffalo Tom. Bill sings V1. Ed sings Ch1 and V2. Bill sings Ch2 and V3. both guys sing outro chorus.
12. Not For You / Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) :58 second tag (breakdown Ed starts a “Let’s go Red Sox” before the “All That’s Sacred”)
13. Nothingman
(Ed introduced the next guest Mark Guiliana. He played drums on Matt’s “Cavedweller” album.
Ed says the next song’s title was originally “voting is your superpower”)
14. Can’t Deny Me w/Mark Guiliana
15. Jeremy (about 10 seconds of “Sweet Emotion” bass riff? Tom Hamilton is at the show)
16. Better Man Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) 1:30 tag (Ed questions whether he could find a better crowd…Philly is pretty good. New York is pretty good. Sometimes though you can’t beat a Boston crowd. Is tonight one of those nights? What do you got? He then leads the audience into the participation section.)
17. Porch (Ed at the barricade singing with audience)

Encore Break

(Ed lets the audience know they won’t be playing live for awhile. The next time they play together will be in the studio. Tonight we are gonna play until Ortiz and Kevin Youkilis drag us offstage. Turns out Kevin is here and comes onstage and swings Ed’s guitar like a bat. Ed doesn’t want to talk all night because of the curfew but he talks about being with friends and crew. He says we get a lot of letters and describes several of them. Incredible stories and connections. We all have to get through..We are going to play this for a person Matt met and for a friend of mine too.)

18. Thumbing My Way
19. Imagine-(Lennon)-Full Band (asks audience to hold up lights)
20. Crazy Mary-(Williams)
(Tells the audience that the winners of the Little League World Championship was the Hawaiian team. Booms wife is involved in the league on the island.)
21. Comatose
22. Go
23. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break Two

24. Smile
25. Wasted Reprise (Ed says he will miss the Green Monster but hopes to come back in late October. He thanks people involved with the Red Sox and Theo Epstein. He mentions John Martin on the Red Sox video team who was stricken with ALS. Ed mentions the charity helping Mr. Martin. https://teespring.com/jpm-legend-editio ... &sid=front
Ed continues to talk very emotionally.)
26. Life Wasted
Dirty Frank (instrumental only 30 seconds) The band teases Dirty Frank and Ed does a groovy little dance but they don’t get much past a few bars.
27. Dirty Water-(The Standells) w/ Bill Janovitz & Danny Clinch
28. Alive
29. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)
30. Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Nanyness

Message(s) : 355

Re: September 4 Boston

Message par petitike » Mer Sep 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Pearl Jam
4-9-18
Fenway Park
Boston, MA

Soundcheck:
Swallowed Whole,
I Got Shit
Thumbing My Way
Sometimes (played night 1)
Amongst the Waves (played night 1)
Army Reserve, (played night 1) ,
I am a Patriot (played night 1)
Taillights Fade (played night 1)
I Won’t Back Down (Petty) (played night 1)

Band Onstage: 7:49 PM
Band Offstage: 10:30PM

SETLIST

Walk On Music: Aye Davanita (from Vitalogy album)

1.GIVEN TO FLY
2.ANIMAL
3.SAVE YOU
4.ARMS ALOFT (Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros cover)
5.LIGHTNING BOLT
6.RED MOSQUITO (with Danny Clinch)
7.I AM MINE
8.U
9.EVEN FLOW
10.IMMORTALITY
11.TAILLIGHTS FADE (Buffalo Tom cover)
12.NOT FOR YOU
13.NOTHINGMAN
14.CAN'T DENY ME
15.JEREMY
16.BETTER MAN
17.PORCH

ENCORE 1

18.THUMBING MY WAY
19.IMAGINE (John Lennon cover)
20.CRAZY MARY (Victoria Williams cover)
21.COMATOSE
22.GO
23.REARVIEWMIRROR

ENCORE 2

24.SMILE
25.WASTED REPRISE
26.LIFE WASTED
27.DIRTY FRANK (Tease)
28.DIRTY WATER (The Standells cover)
29.ALIVE
30.BABA O'RILEY (The Who cover)
31.YELLOW LEDBETTER (with "The Star-Spangled Banner" outro)

Note: "Leatherman", "Know Your Rights", "Unthought Known", and "Do the Evolution" were on the setlist, but were not played. Also "Leatherman" was replaced with "U".
petitike

Message(s) : 481

Retour vers Alive 2018