August 18 Chicago

August 18 Chicago

Message par Nanyness » Jeu Fév 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Wrigley Field - Show One

Walk On Music: Aye Davanita (from Vitalogy album)

Band Onstage: 7:57
Band Offstage: 10:54
(Jeff is wearing a shirt that says “Metaphor” and has Meta Phor on his two bass cabinets. Likely referencing the Missoula poster art)
01. Wash
02. Low Light
03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
04. Breakerfall
05. Corduroy
06. Hail, Hail
07. Animal
(Greets the audience and looks to see if anyone is on the roof. “Great to be back on hallowed ground and I don’t mean just Wrigley Field but Chicago. Ed says “I am thinking about those players out here in those uniforms and how hot they must be. I am not even wearing underwear and I’m burning up out here.” Ed lets the audience know they will be playing some songs they don’t play very often. Ed is also grateful that the people in the neighborhood have allowed people to camp out while they wait to get inside)
08. Getaway
(Before we get too far into the show I just want to say that the Foo Fighters were here a little while ago and they had some issues. Ed wants to make sure that the men treat women with complete respect.)
09. Leaving Here-(Holland, Holland, Dozier)
10. Present Tense
11. Even Flow (while soloing Mike goes out and sits on the barricade and shreds to the delight of the audience)
“Here we are in the home of the Blues and Mike McCready brings it. And this guy who was in some great bands between us and Soundgarden. He is the best pitcher, catcher, first baseman, Mr. Matt Cameron”
12. Missing-(Cornell)
13. Garden
14. Not For You / Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney) 2:00 min tag (Ed asks the audience to say hi to Joe Madden and gets them singing “Hey Joe” and “Pino, Pino”-Ed talks about coming here as a little kid on the El and counting the stops. It was all so fucking simple and joyful and I sure found joy in this place”)
15. Can’t Deny Me
16. Wishlist
(I Wish Ernie Banks was still with us, I wish Walter Payton was still with us…(he lists several more athletes and announcers. Ed wants to tell the audience about the guitar he is holding. “I have never taken it onstage before. It was given to me by Tom Petty. I know he had a great time playing here last here. I know the show was special. I want you to know how important it was to Tom and the Heartbreakers…” He asks the audience to light up their phones for
Tom.)
17. I Won't Back Down-(Lynne, Petty)-(played on a guitar gifted to Ed by Tom Petty. First appearance on stage with Pearl Jam)
18. Porch-(Ed wears a Rizzo 44 jersey. Looks like Ed gave the shirt to someone on the barricade)

Encore Break One
(Ed chats with the audience about hanging around and rain delays. He checked the score and is a little mad at the Pirates although he likes the colors and mentions Roberto Clemente. He knows a lot of hall of fame people and talks about meeting Laura who is in the LGBTQ Hall of Fame and she met her wife at the rain delay show)
19. Just Breath
(Ed doesn’t think a ukulele has ever been played at center field. Can we get a ukulele? Dennis Rodman brings out a uke for Ed. He sits on Ed’s stool and thanks the Chicago audience who supported him when he was getting so much flak for traveling to North Korea. He loves the place and swears he will be buried here. Ed asks him to make sure to delay that day as long as possible)
20. Sleeping By Myself
21. Footsteps
22. State Of Love And Trust
23. Breath (Ed sings from the barricade)
(Mr. Stone Gossard on the guitar. And we got a big man with a big heart and you know what the means! Mr Boom Gasper. Ed encourages the audience to vote. No matter the size of the hands or the bank account we are all equal. Everybody voting is the most important thing we can do. Get the numbers higher than any of the bullshit they can come up with. Ed slightly references possible vote tampering)
24. Know Your Rights-(Strummer, Jones)
25. Do The Evolution
(Would you like to hear one more we don’t usually play or should we keep going?)
26. Alone (Mike uses his vocal stand as a slide at the top of the solo)
27. Rearviermirror

Encore Break Two
(“Is everybody out there? Fuck Yeah! Can we talk Cubs for a second. Ed chats enthusiastically about the team and thanks Tom Rickets who was instrumental in getting the band to play after the rain delay. Ed says there have been some changes since the last time we played. Tom comes out and unveils the world championship trophy. Ed has a video of David Bote hitting a home run played on the screens and the band plays.)

28. Rebel Rebel-(Bowie)
29. Better Man /Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) :30 second tag with outro jam
30. Alive
31. Rockin' In The Free World-(Young)
32. Yellow Ledbetter

Nanyness

Message(s) : 355

Re: August 18 Chicago

Message par blackstars » Dim Fév 25, 2018 9:19 pm

Au cas ou: Je cherche une place (assis ou fosse) pour ce concert.
blackstars

Message(s) : 103

Message par Denis » Dim Août 19, 2018 11:05 am

un concert pareil, avec plusieurs tour premieres et une reprise jamais jouée avant... et le rappel commence avec Just Breathe/Sleeping by Myself.
"I don't question our existence, I just question our modern needs"
Music Box
Denis

Message(s) : 15074

Message par Nanyness » Dim Août 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Pourquoi y'a 36 000 posters différents par lieu de concert pour les shows US ? Ils sont vraiment si graves niveau merch les ricains qu'ils les achèteraient tous ?
Nanyness

Message par Denis » Dim Août 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Nanyness a écrit :Pourquoi y'a 36 000 posters différents par lieu de concert pour les shows US ? Ils sont vraiment si graves niveau merch les ricains qu'ils les achèteraient tous ?

merch ouvert plusieurs jours avant le concert, files de plusieurs heures rien que pour ça... Ouais je pense.
Music Box
Denis

Message par Nanyness » Dim Août 19, 2018 10:50 pm

Bon ok acceptons qu'ils achèteraient des chaussettes, de la bière ou du papier toilette s'il y avait écrit Pearl Jam dessus* mais je comprends vraiment pas l'histoire des posters.

Certes ça donne des opportunités à davantage d'artistes ce qui est toujours appréciable mais le fait d'avoir tant d'affiches différentes n'aurait-il pas aussi paradoxalement tendance à dévaluer leur travail ? J'aime pas tomber dans le cliché "AVANT C'ETAIT MIEUX" mais, euh, avant on avait juste l'affiche du concert en souvenir et puis voilà, maintenant il en faut quinze parce que...? Je sais pas pourquoi justement.

Ou bien est-ce-que vraiment tout est affaire de pognon dans ce monde et je me pose trop de questions et spamme un topic de concert ?

* Comment ça deux sur trois ?

Edit: bon en fait maintenant j'en suis à me demander si c'est pas une histoire de reverser les profits dans le cadre de leurs efforts contre l'homelessness et je me sens un peu quand une belle merde.
Nanyness

Message par Denis » Dim Août 19, 2018 11:54 pm

ça vaut pour le merch aussi, encore plus de tshirts, à seattle ils vendaient même un tshirt setlist dès le lendemain MAIS c'était fait par une entreprise qui réinsérait des personnes défavorisées en leur enseignant le screenprint.

Homelessness c'était surtout Seattle based, mais je pense que le groupe ne garde pas tous les profits, et n'en parle pas spécialement publiquement.

Mais belle merde non hein, quand même pas.

Nanyness a écrit :Bon ok acceptons qu'ils achèteraient des chaussettes, de la bière ou du papier toilette s'il y avait écrit Pearl Jam dessus* mais je comprends vraiment pas l'histoire des posters.

Certes ça donne des opportunités à davantage d'artistes ce qui est toujours appréciable mais le fait d'avoir tant d'affiches différentes n'aurait-il pas aussi paradoxalement tendance à dévaluer leur travail ? J'aime pas tomber dans le cliché "AVANT C'ETAIT MIEUX" mais, euh, avant on avait juste l'affiche du concert en souvenir et puis voilà, maintenant il en faut quinze parce que...? Je sais pas pourquoi justement.

Ou bien est-ce-que vraiment tout est affaire de pognon dans ce monde et je me pose trop de questions et spamme un topic de concert ?

* Comment ça deux sur trois ?

Edit: bon en fait maintenant j'en suis à me demander si c'est pas une histoire de reverser les profits dans le cadre de leurs efforts contre l'homelessness et je me sens un peu quand une belle merde.
Music Box
Denis

Message par froggy bunnyman » Lun Août 20, 2018 9:16 am

T'inquiètes pas, c'est pas toi la merde !

La merde, c'est la gueule des posters de cette tournée 2018
:lol: :beurk:
Paris + Marseille 2006, Londres + Werchter 2007, Belfast + Arras 2010, Arras 2012, Lollapalooza Paris 2022...
Spin, spin !
froggy bunnyman

Message(s) : 2844

Message par Jezus » Lun Août 20, 2018 9:52 am

Le premier est vraiment sympa !
07/11/1996 : Paris
08/06/2000 : Paris
01/09/2006 : Barcelona - 09/09/2006 : Massilia - 11/09/2006 : Paris - 19/09/2006 : Torino - 25/09/2006 : Wien
18/06/2007 : London
03/07/2010 : Arras
29/06/2012 : Werchter - 04/07/2012 : Berlin - 05/07/2012 : Berlin
18/06/2018 : London - 05/07/2018 : Berlin - 10/07/2018 : Barcelona - 17/07/2018 : London
17/07/2022 : Paris - 25/07/2022 : Amsterdam
Jezus

Message(s) : 5187

Message par Tremoskito » Lun Août 20, 2018 10:31 am

Nanyness a écrit :Pourquoi y'a 36 000 posters différents par lieu de concert pour les shows US ? Ils sont vraiment si graves niveau merch les ricains qu'ils les achèteraient tous ?

C'est pour donner l'impression d'une grosse tournée avec plein de dates :)
Paris 2000, Montréal 2005, Lisbonne x2 2006, Marseille 2006, Paris 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Werchter 2007, Arras 2010, Amsterdam 2 2012, Copenhague 2012, Amsterdam x2 2014, Milan 2014, Berlin 2014, EV Anvers 2017, Cracovie 2018, Barcelone 2018, Paris 2022, Amsterdam 2 2022
Tremoskito

Message(s) : 2277

Message par Mookie Blaylock » Lun Août 20, 2018 5:51 pm

https://www.rtbf.be/classic21/article/detail_pearl-jam-reprend-bowie?id=9998809

Le groupe d'Eddie Vedder a repris le titre "Rebel Rebel" lors d'un concert à Chicago samedi dernier (18 août).

Pearl Jam a interprété ce titre pour la première fois lors de son concert au Wrigley Field à Chicago ce samedi soir, un concert où est également apparu le célèbre joueur de basket Dennis Rodman.

Vedder, grand fan des Chicago Cubs, a annoncé ce morceau avec une longue tirade au sujet de la finale des World Series où jouait son équipe en 2016.

Le groupe a ensuite accueilli Tom Ricketts, le co-propriétaire des Cubs avec le trophée des World Series sur scène avant de diffuser sur les écrans derrière lui des vidéos du rookie David Bote, qui a marqué un coup gagnant pour son équipe. "David Bote" rime avec "David Bowie", d'où la reprise par Eddie Vedder.
Mookie Blaylock

Message(s) : 5445

Message par dvi2702 » Lun Août 27, 2018 10:49 am

On a droit aux plaquages maintenant au base-ball ?!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWXyLUWoJvA

Fan jumps fence, and slides into home plate during Pearl Jam’s encore of Rockin’ in the Free World at Wrigley 8/18/18 (à partir de 0:38).

:baton: :mrgreen:
#jesuisPA :peace:
dvi2702

Message(s) : 8750

Message par blackstars » Mar Août 28, 2018 2:16 am

A titre personnel, le meilleur de mes 5 shows US. Vraiment magnifique. :prie:
blackstars

Message(s) : 103

Retour vers Alive 2018